Wednesday, March 14, 2012

AniMOOOOOTO!

Animoto was great to work with.  I was doing a little work on this project during my plan period and one of the office aids was delivering something and offered me a little help on getting music uploaded to my video.  Pretty cool when a kid is able to teach the teacher.

I really liked this application though.  There are many possibilities with this.  One idea that came to mind would be creating short music video  lessons to recap a chapter or section.  Another idea would be to have students create a movie trailer for a specific time period in history.  Also it could be a great way for struggling learners to put together a presentation that their skill set is better suited for.  The reason I say this is that many of my SPED students and other below grade level learners struggle with PowerPoint and Prezi.  Animoto takes care of many of the aspects these students tend to struggle with.

Overall I was very pleased with this assignment and see this being a great benefit in my future teaching.


2 comments:

  1. I really like your animoto that you made. You also made a great point on using this tool with special education students. That was truly something that I hadn't thought of and want to use it with some of my kids now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job on your ANIMOTO!!! It is such a wonderful tool I like your idea for using these to recap a chapter. It is also easy to add your voice as a sound track instead of music. You can record a narration in Garageband (Mac) or Sound Recorder (Windows), so you could also add an audio summary with photos and videos. Just another thought.

    ReplyDelete